Friday, January 28, 2011

Sometimes inorder to find yourself you have to loose yourself.

Tonight I saw Black Swan. It is a story about a ballerina dancing the Swan Queen role and playing both the Black and White swans. It is her ultimate goal and she really takes the roles seriously. In her life she is more of a White Swan kind of girl and has a lot of trouble bringing forth the Black Swan. Throughout the movie the black and white, light and dark, wreak havoc on her sanity. It is as if one body can't safely hold these two extreme personalities.

While hoping not to...oh wait, spoiler alert!...while hoping not to go nuts-o and stab myself in the gut, I CAN sympathize with this dual personality conundrum. I too have let my White Swan call the shots for most of my life, and while my Black Swan isn't quite as sultry and dark, she is still ready to rumble.

In the end the ballerina is able to loose herself in the role, and lets the swans do their thing. She achieves her perfection, though at a steep price. Only she knows whether it was worth the price. My life goals are a little less clearly defined currently, but I have a feeling that I too will have to reconcile both my halves and get them to work together happily inside my skin in order to ultimately succeed and find peace. Of course, whatever you call it, this is the ancient discussion of yin yang, of two opposing forces combining to make one whole.

So tonight lets raise our glasses to the Taljitu, and to magnets, and to the attraction of opposites.

Ganbei!

1 comment:

  1. Nice reflection on the duality of being. Welcome to the world of Gemini, sister. I've felt schizophrenic all my life! LOL

    ReplyDelete